The attractive brick single-family house at 317 North Kent Street was built in two stages, the first circa 1845, the second circa 1890. The front extension of this house appears to be newer construction to update the facade of an older L-shaped building to the new architectural fashions. The house offers a number of fine Victorian details, including a bracketed cornice, a Queen Anne style stained glass window in the paneled east gable end, sawn balustrades on the front porch, and a Queen Anne style front door.
The building was used by Dr. Glass, whose office was located in the house's basement. It was subsequently purchased in the 1920s by a carpenter who worked for the nearby B&O Railroad.